List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: New unit widget
From:       rwlbuis () xs4all ! nl
Date:       2002-10-27 19:52:21

Hi,

>> It will be soon similar to the one found in Illustrator and maybe other
>> programs: if the domestic unit is for example mm and the widget
>> currently
>> show "1.5mm" and you enter "1in" it will calulate this to "27mm" (or
>> similar).
>>
>> Laurent means that this is not needed in koffice and that we should keep
>> it
>> in karbon14. I disagree a bit, why should choice/comfort hurt? And i
>> don't
>> think that koffice programms should look/behave too different when it
>> comes
>> to central pieces like input widgets.
>
> It can be useful for kudesigner too, so the place of those widgets must be
> koffice libs.

Good. The general feeling I get is that the widgets seem useful for multiple
koffice apps, so I added them to kofficeui/koUnitWidgets.*.

Please be warned that I am still finding the best API and fixing some bugs
over the next few days. Having said that, I very much would appreciate some
feedback on them, how to improve etc. I'll also try to add some
comments/documentation once the API is a bit more stable.
Cheers,
Rob.