List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Microsoft might use XML file format.
From:       Julien Olivier <julo () altern ! org>
Date:       2002-10-23 13:52:06

In fact, you're not totally right.

XML can be used to embed any information but the main advantage is that, most
of the time, it's human readable. That means that it's more often something
like "<text>Hello world !</text>" than "@^&~#{}  [[\¶\n". And that's where it
could be easier to make filters. Well, at least I believe...

--
Julien Olivier