List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Market
From:       Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2002-10-20 16:11:41

On Sunday 20 October 2002 10:50, Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
>On nie 20. of October 2002 17:20, Joel Hammer wrote:
>>  Linux developers demand choice. Customers don't. Customers want
>> simple software that works. Period.

> But developers write software and so they decide what to do. If you
> work for free you do what you want (as long as it improves software),
> not what customers (customer...hmm... AFAIK customer is the one who
> buys, not the one who gets something for free) want.

 This is true Tomek but, alas, Lycoris (a KDE only distro)  is dropping
Koffice in their upcomming Beryl release. At least that is what I have
been told. It's no use to get mad at critics. It's actually good that
Joel points out these problems. I have to agree with Joel that end
users don't want choices. They want a developer to decide the optimal
configuration.

										Cheers

										Jonathan