List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kfrontpage?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-10-05 20:00:28

A better answer than an image would be to load the KWord demo in the file
koffice/kword/demos/framestest.kwd

For now, I can only do in HTML what is described in this demo as "Run through
(RA_NO)". However, I would like also to support "Run around rect
(RA_BOUNDINGRECT)".

(If you still want a picture, just ask. I am sorry not to have the time to do
it now.)

Have a nice day/evening/night!

On Samstag, 5. Oktober 2002 09:02, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> On Friday 04 October 2002 4:02 pm, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> |  On Freitag, 4. Oktober 2002 09:32, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> |  > Can you please provide sample doc (KWord format, or HTML with
> |  > comments) demonstrating what you want to achieve? I will return it
> |  > back to you in HTML. I successfully used 'float' to achieve
> |  > multi-column layout, but I admit that well-designed page fails to be
> |  > displayed correctly in MS IE (which is not surprise, as MS IE has
> |  > non-standard treating of width in %%)
> |  >
> |  > Anyway, MS IE compatibility is not a top priority for me at a moment.
> |  > I guess it just deserves warning (or Checkbox) in HTML export dialog:
> |  > "Exported HTML can be incorrectly rendered in MS IE"
> |  >
> |  > BTW: 'float' is indeed tricky, but it works after some tuning.
> |
> |  Try something like:

> |  So now try to make the second paragraph in a box, so that the third one
> | floats around it (and not that it goes under it.) At the second
> | paragraph, I used something like style="position:absolute; left:1cm;
> | top:1cm; right:10cm; bottom:10cm" but you might tweak it to better (or
> | more realistic) values.
>
> Can you pls send me pixmap (PNG) demonstrating how you wnat all this to be
> rednered? (layout)
> I still fail to understand what you  wnat to achieve exactly.

(...)