List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Announcement: wv2 preview
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-19 14:19:45

On Thursday 19 September 2002 16:10, Nikita Shulga wrote:
> Hi all!
> Is there are any roadmap of further msword import plugin development?

Yes. The plan is to get the import filter in a usable state for KOffice 1.3.
"Usable state" means that important features (text, lists, headers/footers,
footnotes, variables, fields, tables, maybe images) should be there and
depending on my free time in the next semester the implementation will be
more or less complete.

We aim to support Word97, Word2000 and the XP version, and where possible also
Word 6 and Word 95. Support for earlier versions and exporting will have to
wait, I fear (unless someone picks that ones up, you can get documentation
for Word 2, 3, 4, and 5 from me).

> And what was the reasons of abandonning ole_word97_import plugin?

It's really really unstable and hard to debug. It's still there, so if you
really need that filter you are free to compile and install it (just make
sure to get the .desktop files right ;-)

Ciao,
Werner