List:       koffice
Subject:    Reporting about Kword bug
From:       Neetu Gupta <neetu.gupta () noaa ! gov>
Date:       2002-09-12 18:54:08

Sir/Madam,

I tried Kword application on our 7.3 Redhat (linux). I want to report
the problem i came thru.

1) When i try opening any file it shows that it supports qpw, shw and
doc extension files. But it doesnot open qpw and shw extension files.
Doc extension file is ok.

2) When i try opening shw extension file the message it gives me is :
Cannot import OLE streams of type:
Summary information, Perfect Office_MAIN slide show.

3) When i try opening qpw file: the application crashes and caused
signal 11 SIGSEGV.  And in the error message it says:
This signal is due to the bug in the application.

Please let me know if i there are any libraries that we don't have right
now. Because as i understand that this should open up the supported
files.

Another question i have is that is Kword or Koffice is supported by
older versions of Redhat linux. If yes which are those versions.

Neetu.