On Monday 26 August 2002 6:39 pm, David Faure wrote: | On Monday 26 August 2002 10:41, Vadim Plessky wrote: | > * Than restart KWord (close it and start again) | > I am not sure why this step is necessary - probably, KDE/KOffice doesn't | > have *deep enough* interaction with XFT :-( | | Xft initialisation (including reading XftConfig) is done at application | startup time. | I have noticied that if you add font to c:\windows\font, it becomes visible next time you open Font dialog (say, in MS Word), or press LMB on Font List drop-down box in MS Word. I think Windows converters (people switched to KDE from Windows) would expect similar behavior. I recognize that KDE is not aware of new font being copied to, say, ../MyFonts dir, by I think KDE can recognize that there are some changes in installed fonts when user (or 3rd party installer) invokes #xftcache. Is there any signal communication between Xft and Qt/KDE? | - -- | David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org -- Vadim Plessky http://kde2.newmail.ru (English) 33 Window Decorations and 6 Widget Styles for KDE http://kde2.newmail.ru/kde_themes.html KDE mini-Themes http://kde2.newmail.ru/themes/ ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice