List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problems with Fonts/Printing
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-08-26 8:41:54

What exact problems do you have?
What is your KDE & XFree86 version?

As KDE recently released KDE 3.0.3, and KOffice 1.2RC1 (Release Candidate 1)
is available, too, I suggest you upgrade to these packages first, than report
problems (if problems exist)

as a shot tip (suggesting that you are running XFree86-4.2.0, and AA is
enabled):
* check what font directoris are listed in /etc/X11/XftConfig file
* If you directory (with scalable Type1 or TreuType fonts) is missing - add
it.
* Than re-run
#xftcache
from console.

* Than restart KWord (close it and start again)
I am not sure why this step is necessary - probably, KDE/KOffice doesn't have
*deep enough* interaction with XFT  :-(

Cheers,

Vadim

On Sunday 25 August 2002 6:18 pm, Elke Kasimir wrote:
|  I have Problems
|  using and printing certain fonts
|  from kword 1.1.1
|
|  The qt-font.FAQ states that