List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Place to upload templates?
From:       Alexander Dymo <cloudtemple () mksat ! net>
Date:       2002-08-15 20:22:19

> The idea is if the templates are quite specialized (not of interest to most
> people), or if they have text in them (translation problem), or if they are
> very numerous (like the 1000 Avery label formats), then those template
> shouldn't be shipped with koffice, but rather downloaded from
> http://www.koffice.org/downloads/ by those who need them. If you have
> anything ready for being there, feel free to send it to me or
> howells@kde.org

RFC:
extend KoTemplateChooseDia with "Download Templates" button
and provide the ability to pass KURL instance to choose() method
in order to provide a link to templates location.
So every user will be notified about existance of templates not
bundled with koffice.
There can be more sophisticated solutions like download templates
dialogs with automated templates installation.

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University