List:       koffice
Subject:    StarWriter import filter
From:       Marco Zanon <info () marcozanon ! com>
Date:       2002-08-03 15:39:25

Hi all :)

I'm going on holiday for a couple of weeks.

Before departing, I wanted to say that, apart from creating some
cliparts for the "Klipart" project, I also studied a little bit
more the StarWriter file format, in order to develop an import
filter for KWord.
Christian Biesinger from Abiword gave me some hints with the
document that you also linked at koffice.org, and I found some
useful information about normal text paragraphs, properties
(bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, superscript, subscript)
and other (left, center, right, justify alignment; margins; line
spacing). I also discovered something about numbering/bullets,
tables and graphics.
I still have to find out page properties, style definitions
(which is essential), headers, footers, notes.
I'm not sure I will want to discover how personal data (name,
address, emails, etc.) are handled in the file, it's not that
important :)

When I come home and I have some time, I will create an HTML page
collecting all these information, and then I will notice you.
In the meanwhile, can you please add my name to the "filters"
page, under StarWriter, where I read "planned" and "contact"? It
would be useful to hear something from interested people...

I also wanted to ask: if I manage to create a *clear* HTML
explanation about the StarWriter file format, also containing
some pseudo-code for the developers to read it, is there anyone
willing to help me writing the real source code, or wanting to
write it by himself, since I'm not that confident with coding?

thanks a lot :)

Marco Zanon [http://www.marcozanon.com]