List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KFormula little problems
From:       Rodolfo Conde Martinez <aragorn () ciencias ! unam ! mx>
Date:       2002-07-30 3:19:08

On Monday 29 July 2002 01:05 am, Jonathan Drews wrote:
JD> Hello Rodolfo:
JD>
JD>
JD> On Monday 29 July 2002 00:07, Rodolfo Conde Martinez wrote:
JD> > Hi.....
JD> >
JD> > 	Im using kformula and kword, great combination but there are a few
JD> > things that doesn't work very well...
JD> >
JD> > 	KFormula sometimes make enclosing parenthesis, brackets, etc. bigger
JD> > that requires, for example when adding a lower right index, but it
JD> > seems it depends on the font used and the size of the same, and
JD> > sometimes it wont make them bigger when required.....
JD>
JD>  Please enter a bug report, if you would be so kind,  so the developer,
JD> Ulrich Kuettler, is informed and that there is a formal record of the
JD> defect. Go to http://bugs.kde.org/ and paste the portion of your
JD> e-mail, beginning with 'Also some symbols from the esstix fonts...',
JD> into the description window.

	Ok ill do it....

JD> > 	Also some symbols from the esstix fonts aren't mapped right, some
JD> > symbols have incorrect names in the symbol list and other just appear
JD> > as little squares (for example the negation of subseteq, "notin" side
JD>
JD>  In place of notin perhaps you can use nsubseteq?

	hhhmmmm....certainly what i want is to say that a object is not inside a
set....no a set no being a subset of another set :)....

JD> > a set, the diamond, Im, Re, neg, neq, for just naming some....also
JD> > some useful symbols aren't there, various negations like not for all,
JD> > not exits, etc. and the carriagereturn make the rectangle of the
JD> > formula get really HUGE :(......
JD>
JD> For Diamond use diamondsuit. As for the others these are clearly
JD> defects. Especially the Carriagereturn one. Thanks for catching that.
JD>
JD> >
JD> > 	Hope someone can fix this.......
JD>
JD>  I have confidence that these defects will get fixed.  The biggest
JD> problem, IMHO, is finding good TrueType math fonts.

	I got some TT math fonts called quanta Pi [one, two, ..., five] i dont know
if i got all the Quanta font family like the esstix they seem to me fine and
got a lot of symbols, maybe Kformula can use them insteas or combine them
with the esstix family....if someone is interested in getting these inside
Kformula i can send them via email, i think theres no problem about copyright
stuff, someone could check them with a program that can see that......

	Thanks in advance.....

	Cheers....

--
rcm