List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: WordPad to Kword filter
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-07-26 7:38:21

On Friday 26 July 2002 12:00 am, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
|  As far as I know, it writes MS Word files.
|
|  However, I have no idea how well or how bad such files can be imported
| into KWord.

WordPad format is very close to Word95 format.
And support for Word95 .doc files is not so good as for Word97/2000 (import
filter was frequently crashing during import process, but haven't tested this
with 1.2beta2)

So, basically you want to use MS Word import filter , and report bugs against
it (or send patches).

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)