List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Developers for KOffice
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-07-22 21:55:55

Thank you for your interest!

As we are the last month before the release of KOffice 1.2, we are trying to
find and to fix bugs. So unfortunately there is nothing simple for now.

If you want to take part at this bug hunting, please look at KDE Bugs and look
for the packages koffice, koffice-filters, kword, kspread, kpresenter (and
all other KOffice applications.)

If you do not want to hunt bugs, you can prepare yourself for the new
developing period starting in September. Try to find a place in KOffice where
you would be interested to work on and start trying to understand the code.

For people without QT/KDE programming knowledge, the easiest is programming
for filters. However, the problem here is mostly the (non-) documentation of
the non-KOffice file formats.

For example if you are interested, you could perhaps start to look at KWord's
plain text filter (at koffice/filters/kword/ascii ).

Have a nice day/evening/night!