List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Zoom (and Printing) in KSpread - has someone noticied this?..
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-07-19 15:44:18

Hi Philipp!

On Tuesday 16 July 2002 10:14 pm, Philipp Müller wrote:
|  Hello Vadim,
|
|  Am Dienstag, 16. Juli 2002 16:43 schrieb Vadim Plessky:
|  > Any chance to have it in KOffice 1.2?
|  > In current state, KSpread's printing is unusable, so without fix for it
|  > it's better not to release KSpread at all!..
|
|  I wouldn't be that harsh, KSpread prints in a resolution in KO1.2 as good
| as in the previous versions. I even understand that this is not perfect. We
| discussed this between Beta1 and Beta2 and we came to the conclusion, that
| the necessary changes are much to intrusive to include it before 1.2.

What a pity...

| Please also understand, that the current KSpread developers joint very
| shortly before the first Beta release. No much time to learn the sources,
| enhance programming skills, hunting bugs and understand design problems.
|
|  Postponement isn't an alternative as if you look into the current KSpread
| 1.1, than I think you will agree, that KSpread 1.2 has at least much less
| heavy bugs. Not talking here about the great enhancements in KWord and
| KPresenter.
|
|  Last alternative would be to release KSpread indipendently. I don't want
| to discuss this option, as KOffice is one package.

Yes, it's better to keep all components together.

|  KOffice 1.2 is not the end of the world. If it comes to my opinion, the
| time between 1.2 and 1.3 will be much shorter than the time between 1.1 and
| 1.2. But this is the job of our release dude.

ok, I see and agree with you.
Would it be possible to get KOffice 1.3 within 3-4 months timeframe (after
release of KO 1.2)?
I *hate* to reboot to Windows, to read/write  Word/Excel files, and to print
out them.
And OpenOffice is TOO SLOW, plus has problems with Cyrillic...

|  And, we are now 4 main developers. Hopefully with a release we get more
|  attention and more developers too.
|
|  > |  > P.S. cc'ing Philipp Mueller, AFAIK he was implementing zooming for
|  > |  > KSpread.
|  > |
|  > |  I'm subscribed here too ;-)
|
|  Ehm, forgot last time to mention:
|  Basic support was already done by Torben Weis, Norbert reenabled simple
| zoom support, John made some enhancements and David as well as Laurent did
| some work too. So it's really not my own work, this is a pure KOffice team
| effort
|
|  :-)

I remember your name as you closed my bug (wishlist) for Zoom in KSpread!
Thanks everyone!
:-)

|  Philipp

Vadim Plessky