List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: On-screen OK; Printing Not Right
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-07-15 16:38:39

On Sunday 14 July 2002 4:31 am, Bill Cole and Virginia Morton wrote:
|  I am running the Mandrake 8.1 distro of Koffice.   I am printing to an
|  HP Laserjet 4L.  Opening a .doc document yields a properly formatted
|  on-screen image of the file.  However, previewing or printing that same
|  file yields a total bollex.  I don't know where to look to begin
|  diagnosing the problem.
|
|  I'm using CUPS to manage printing.

Hi,

Please check wether you have latest version of CUPS and Foomatic library of
printer drivers first.
[vad@VPlessky vad]$ rpm -qa | grep cups
cups-common-1.1.14-2mdk
libcups1-1.1.14-2mdk
cups-1.1.14-2mdk
[vad@VPlessky vad]$ rpm -q foomatic
foomatic-1.9-0.20020516mdk

Than select *right* driver for LJ 4L.
IIRC you need PCL4 driver for that model.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)