List:       koffice
Subject:    Re:Re: Propertie Dialog PopUp while pushing Alt+Enter?
From:       Philipp Frenzel <philipp () flip-web ! de>
Date:       2002-07-10 19:09:10

> Dear Developers,
>
> perhaps it would be helpful to change the general propertie dialogs to open
> while the user pushes Alt+Enter....

In which application?

:: in all koffice Applications like Kword, KSpread, Kpresenter and....

> Currently u need to push Alt+Ctrl+F...
That's for the font dialog in KWord. Is that the one you call "general
properties" ?
What about the paragraph dialog? Isn't that the one that should appear on
Alt+Enter rather? (all the font stuff is already accessible with
Ctrl+B/Ctrl+I/Ctrl+> etc.

:: yes but what i mean is a properties toolbox!

> I think u need this dialog so often, that it would be more intuitive to open
> it while using Alt+Enter...
> If you have a look in other famous office apps, they all have it like this!
> e.g. Lotus Smartsuite or Notes or M$ Ofice....
> I think even Applixware uses this shortcut!

What do they open exactly on Alt+Enter?

:: u can compare it to a properties toolbox, in there you can see a tab for
all fontproperties, next to it u can see (only for e.g. Kspread) the
cellproperties dialog, on the nex tab you can see a style dialog a.s.o.
if u want i can send you an example from lotus notes toolbox as a screenshot
if u one use it, u never want to miss it!

br philipp

- --
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/
KOffice-1.2-beta2 is out! http://dot.kde.org/1025176121/