List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: TEX and kword + exception in koffice
From:       Robert JACOLIN <rjacolin () ifrance ! com>
Date:       2002-07-01 10:04:25

Le Lundi 1 Juillet 2002 11:42, David Faure a écrit :
> On Monday 01 July 2002 11:31, Robert JACOLIN wrote:

> > > It's not, since KWord doesn't use "codes" internally.
> > >
> > > It uses formats (for each char, but they are shared), so what you
> > > see in the user interface _is_ the set of settings for the current
> > > character (e.g. the font name, the bold button, etc.)
> >
> > It is possible to have a plugin in kword which, when you select datas in
> > a document, allows you to display the latex code. When you select, can't
> > you obtain a xml fragment ?
>
> Right (you can even see it in the debug output).
> But this would be the result of a _conversion_. I think some would be
> thinking that those are the codes used by kword internally (and then
> someone might request to be able to modify them directly, etc...).
> I don't see much point in such a plugin, and it would be quite confusing
> imho.
hmm, yes. I agree with you. No sense for a wysiwyg word processor.

> > An other question without link with this topic. If you have codes which
> > manages exceptions (for tests) - I know Koffice apps doesn't - Can I
> > compile this code with some koffice code.
>
> Yes.
Cool
> > For example, I want to test my latex filter code which is in the library
> > 'latexport' (the real name is not important). If I link it with my test
> > apps, will the code compile ?
>
> Yes. Don't let exceptions go through signals and slots though.
In fact this code is the tool I found on the web (C++Unit, I sent an email
here some times ago). If a test failed, it throws an exception.
 It's very powerfull to make tests. I want study this tool but I wonder if it
can be used with koffice application.

Thanks very much

bobby