List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: removing commas from a cell in kspread
From:       Sepp =?iso-8859-1?q?K=E4sbauer?= <cho-00047 () chiemgau-online ! de>
Date:       2002-06-21 6:53:22

Am Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2002 21:54 schrieb Nicolas Goutte:

> > Pipes to external programms would be very appreciated.
>
> ... and could be a security problem, unfortunately.
>
> Imagine for example a Trojan horse KSpread document that attacks your files
> with this external program. Not nice, is it?
>
> As KOffice has the "no script in document" policy, I doubt that your wish
> can be done.

I thought about this and i found that it must be possible to separate the
instructions for pipelining and the content of the spreadsheet file.
Think of a list local on my host and not saved in the spreadsheet (maybe a
pulldown menu) in which are the instructions "open a pipe called pipeA with
parameter /usr/bin/convcal C1:C10"

Then we could use something like A1:A10 = pipeA
and get the result. No possibility for a trojan to change our parameters from
pipeA because we even dont save the instruktions of the pipe.

You can think of it as a list of trustet binarys each user can define by
himself.

--
Sepp Käsbauer