List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Can't remove parts?
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-06-17 10:04:50

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 11:37:06AM +0200, David Faure wrote:

> On Sunday 16 June 2002 20:18, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > I found the 'answer'. I think.
> > In KoDocument a QPtrList<KoDocumentChild> is stored.  Apparently this
> > is used at least for saving, and probably somewhere for selecting as well.
> For saving. Not for selecting, that's done with the surrounding frame.

I know, thats why I was going crazy to find the 'why'.
The frame is deleted, the frameset was still present. Only the part knows its
coordinates.

> > In the saved XML the part is also created, and loaded later as well :}
> Not sure I understand
Open a clean document
insert a part. (I added a kspread part)
Delete part.
Save file.
unzip file; a part is present in the <EMBED> tags, plus as a subdir.
It is loaded as well, even though it the frameset has no frames, and you can
select it again in the new document.
In other words; insert a part frame and you will _never_ loose it again :)

> > But I can't find why the part is selected.
> I'll have a look...

Thanx.

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander@planescape.com