Am Mittwoch, 12. Juni 2002 13:54 schrieb David Faure: > > > > Did anyone mention already that it would be great if we had a > > > > Windows-like Alt+Numpad mechanism in KDE? ;-) > > > > > > > :) That's not a Windows thing - that's the PC archetecture. = DOS, > > > : CP/M > > > > > > and Novell all did it too. So does Linux - as long as you're not i= n X. > > > > Gosh -- You are right. I've never noticed. > > > > I doubt, however, that any guru will ever convince me that it is a go= od > > thing we don't have this in X11. Esp. when typing in word processors = I > > miss this feature every few minutes, sometimes every few seconds. Whi= ch > > is one of the main reasons I still do a lot of WP work in Windows. Be= ing > > able to dig something like a quotation mark out in table 32 of > > kcharselect and then copy & paste it is simply not good enough in the > > long run. Nor would I want to put everything in autocorrect. (How wou= ld > > you define that you need a hyphen sometimes and sometimes an en or em > > dash? Or sometimes an inch mark and sometimes a typographical quote?) > > > > If we could only convince a developer to implement this to KDE someho= w > > ... > > You know that I implemented it in KWord/KPresenter, right? Just try. I'll be damned ... Thank you very much! > For any wider usage, it would need to go into the widgets, e.g. QTextEd= it, > QLineEdit, or their KDE equivalents. So I'd first suggest trying to > convince the trolls about it. I will certainly send a request about this to the Trolls -- for what it's= =20 worth. I think this would be a great thing to have in every Editor (esp.=20 KBabel) and text processing program. We'd need something, however, to=20 indicate the numbers to type on the numpad (as Windows does with their ch= ar=20 selection utility). I talked to Bryce Nesbitt about this a while ago. May= be I=20 should ask him again... ;-) Regards, Thomas --=20 KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice