List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problems printing to CUPS printer
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-06-01 19:06:10

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 11:58 pm, Raimund Dold wrote:
|  Hi,
|
|  I have a DeskJet Printer on my second PC which is connected via samba. I
|  installed the printer via the control center as a cups printer. Printing
| the test page during installation worked without problems. But if I try to
| print a document from within KOffice the printer starts but just feeds the
| paper through the printer without printing anything. Does anyone know what
| is wrong?

Can you pls provide some extra info:
* which fonts you use
* wether the page has graphics
* have you succeded printing PDF from , say, KGhostView?

BTW: what version of CUPS do you have?
Do you use Foomatic drivers or some 'CUPS default'?

|  Another problem, If I use the default page settings for A4 and print the
|  document to the fax some of the first lines are corrupted due to a too
| small top border ( at least increasing the top border solved the problem
| for me). Is this a known issue?
|
|  I use KOffice 1.1.1 with KDE3 from SuSe 8.0
|
|  Raimund

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)
http://kde2.newmail.ru/kde_themes.html