List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Load times for Kword as compared to other WP
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-05-31 7:26:58

On Friday 31 May 2002 07:45, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Hmm, Jonathan: do you use Keramik? ;-)
>
> So, no crash here on KOffice-HEAD (KDE-HEAD)
>
> schnebeck@susi:~ > time kword Desktop/1dfre10.txt
> /usr/lib/qt3/plugins/imageformats/libqjpeg.so: Feature JPEG already defined in
> /usr/lib/qt-copy/plugins/imageformats/libqjpeg.so!
> /usr/lib/qt3/plugins/imageformats/libqmng.so: Feature MNG already defined in
> /usr/lib/qt-copy/plugins/imageformats/libqmng.so!
>
> real    4m2.727s
> user    3m54.110s
> sys     0m1.830s
> schnebeck@susi:~ >
> (Athlon 1G)
>
> Very interesting test. Koffice opens the text, asks about UFT stuff
> (I hit return) and after something like 25sec the whole text is loaded and you
> can start to edit, to select, what ever.

Ah! That's what I wanted to hear. The loading takes 25s then, not 4 minutes ;)

> (file->Statistic needs "ages" ;-)

I was wondering if we should make the "readability score" not calculated
by default, only when pressing a button (in that dialog). The other counts
are rather fast to do, I would think.

> If you now want to close the doc, it looks like kword is frozen. But after
> some minutes I'm back on konsole. NO crash!

Ok, so there's something going wrong on destruction. I'd still be interested
in the text file to test this, or preferrably in a gdb backtrace ;)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/