List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Load times for Kword as compared to other WP
From:       Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2002-05-30 14:06:57

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 02:30, Robert JACOLIN wrote:
> Very interesting. Perhaps It will be interresting to put on the web,
> even is not in our advantage (is it an nglish word ?) ?

Hello Bobby:

 Despite Kword's  slow shut down times,  the way it responds to editing
a huge *.kwd doc is phenomenally fast.  Whether you insert or move
text, the 490 page *.kwd doc handled as fast as if it were only 3
pages. That, to me, is the most important thing. I scrolled the
document up and down as quickly as I could and there was no delay at
all. Please note:  kword never crashed in any of these tests.  There
was a little delay in inserting headers.
 I did use a smaller 150 page document and all operations AFAICT were
instantaneous. For this size *.kwd there was no delay at all in
inserting headers or footers.