List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord crashes
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-05-28 17:50:40

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 19:29, Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
> On pon 27. maj 2002 18:14, David Faure wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 May 2002 18:07, Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
> > > KWord from CVS (yesterday) crashes very often. I mean simple enumeration
> > > or changing paragraph alignment (or is it my fault).
> >
> > It's not your fault that dependencies are pretty broken at the moment,
> > but the only way I know to fix this is "make clean ; make" :(
> >
> But just in koffice/kword or in koffice/lib as well. (On my machne it takes
> quite some time to compile koffice)

I guess both.

> > > 2. Paragraph justifing worked but not as it should. A cursor should be in
> > > the same X position in each line (but it wasn't).
> >
> > Hmm, not sure what you mean here. Justification means spaces have
> > variable width, that's how it works in all WPS,
> You are right it was not very well writen. I mean that the cursor sould be in
> the same X position when it is at the END of each line.

I don't see how this is possible. If you have a line with very few words, the last
space will be quite big, so the cursor will be more on the left than in the other
lines.
If you mean that from there pressing "Right" should go to the very right border
(which is the same for all wrapped lines).... well, it currently goes to the left
of the next char, on the line below, which is more consistent (a cursor
position is always on the _left_ of a character).

> For now (last time I
> checked) there were some diffrences between lines. (Looked like partial
> justification.)

Hmm, I don't see what you mean. Can you elaborate, and/or send me a
test document that shows what you mean? Please also check if other
word processors do it differently, otherwise it's not a bug ;-)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/