List:       koffice
Subject:    KWord 1.1.1 for KDE2 not working with KDE 3
From:       Clarence Dang <dang () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-24 13:03:13

Hi,

I'm running Mandrake Linux 8.1 with KDE 2.2.1 packages (installed in /usr) and
KDE 3.0 packages (installed in /opt/kde3).  If I try to start KWord 1.1.1
(packaged for KDE 2.2.1, not KDE 3; installed in /usr/bin):

[clarence@tix clarence]$ kword
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: The serviceType KOfficePart is missing.
Check that you have a kofficepart.desktop file in the share/servicetypes
directory.
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Couldn't find the native MimeType in kword's
desktop file. Check your installation !
[clarence@tix clarence]$ export KDEDIR=/usr
[clarence@tix clarence]$ kword
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: The serviceType KOfficePart is missing.
Check that you have a kofficepart.desktop file in the share/servicetypes
directory.
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Couldn't find the native MimeType in kword's
desktop file. Check your installation !
[clarence@tix clarence]$

I hope this is not a FAQ question...

Thanks!