List:       koffice
Subject:    KWord page size different when printing
From:       Hairysocks <hairysocks () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-05-23 13:45:46

I'm using KOffice 1.1 with KDE 2.2.2

I've been working on a large document, and when I came to print
it I found the pages were formatted differently on paper to on
screen.

Ok. I can live with that, but the printing thought there were
the same number of pages to print as in the on-screen version
(29 pages), whereas there were actually 32 pages to print. BUT
it would only print the first 29. I had to add extra blank pages
in the screen version to get it to 32 pages for printing.

KWord "knew" there were 32 pages because the "Page x of y" in
the page footer said "Page x of 32".

Of course, when I'd added the extra pages, the numbers when up
again - eventually I had to change my footer tojust "Page x" -
not a satisfactory situation at all.

The table of contents was also wrong because the generated one
on screen was for the 29 pages, so I had to modify all page
numbers in the TOC manually before printing it.

Can anyone tell me how to get my printing to work correctly -
i.e. the printed pages are the same as the on-screen pages?

Rob