List:       koffice
Subject:    RFC: kword & tables
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-05-16 16:55:38

It seems most people think that the 'automatic' flags for the with/height
are sticky; that a table will always carry that flag with it. So rescaling
the page will rescale the table as well.

As it is now the automatic height is used, but as soon as you start typing
its scaled down (and impossible to scale up with the mouse) I intend to
remove the auto-height option completely.

As it is now the automatic width is used on creation and after that you can
simply rescale it like a non-automatic width table. (i.e its not even remem-
bered after table creation)

Remembering the auto width would imply rescaling the table when the parent
frame rescales. This way you always ensure its the right size, so you dont
lose any text.
It also means you have to be able to turn it off in the table-settings. Plus
people might want things like 'it has to be 80% of the full width..'

Do you people think this is a better behavior for tables?

Comments highly appriciated.
                                                 We are what we pretend to be