List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: knoda as database tool for koffice?
From:       lucijan busch <lucijan () gmx ! at>
Date:       2002-05-08 16:28:25

Hi!

I guess a database application for koffice is quite cool (and a lot of people
asked for it)
Its also nice because you could keep kspread for tables, kword for reports and
so on...
But i'm against using mysql (at least directly) because i think in a office
application users have to be able to move documents (and also databases) on
disks and use them (so a front end does not enough -- my opinion)
but writing a engine is realy hard and needless (why did mysql need over 4
years)
we have to find a solution wich let us take an existing engine and have real
files (so server/client related isn't very good)

cu
lucijan