List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Re: RFC: Renaming karbon14 (thread from koffice-devel)
From:       Robert JACOLIN <rjacolin () ifrance ! com>
Date:       2002-05-03 7:30:24

I reply in koffice is perhaps more appropriate.
Le Vendredi 3 Mai 2002 08:55, kudling@kde.org a écrit :

> > > Painting and sculpturing. That's not quite what one associates with
> > > vector graphics.
> >
> > Leonardo da Vinci did more than painting and sculpturing. Look here:
> >
> > http://library.thinkquest.org/3044/adv_skch.html
>
> I know that he was a semi-scientist too, but the first thing i think of
> when i hear his name is Monalisa and this is a painting.
>
> On the other hand: if lawyers think, krayon is too similar to crayon,
> would they think different with kvinci and all possible .*vinci.*
> derived product/company names?
Yes, except choose an 'id' for idetnfiy applications, you will have always
kind of problem if you don't protect it (TM, or I don't know whatever).
Even if you create a new word.

kdeleague can protect it ? Is it too expensive / too diffcult ? (I'm not a
lawyer).

bobby