List:       koffice
Subject:    Ruler fonts wrong in KWord 1.2beta1
From:       Ned Konz <ned () bike-nomad ! com>
Date:       2002-04-29 19:47:16

Hi,
I don't know whether this is a better question for koffice-devel, but
here goes:

I have KDE 3.0.0 (from RPMs), and I just compiled KWord 1.2.beta1 from
the source RPMs. Although I have a Red Hat system and the SRPMs were
for Mandrake, the compile went well and I can run KWord.

However, when I start KWord, the font used for the numbers in the
rulers is (apparently) set to "Starbats [Xft]", so I see strange
symbols instead of the numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. that should be there.

If I pop down the font choice tab, and select the same font (which is
"Arial [Xft]" by default,), then the font will usually change to one
that has proper numbers.

However, if I then choose a font like Starbats in my text, the ruler
will change back to Starbats and will stay there, no matter whether I
change the text font later.

Other data points: The first time I started up KWord, the font was
Starbats everywhere. Then I set the default font to Arial in KWord
settings, and at least the text starts out right.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com