List:       koffice
Subject:    KPresenter 1.2 comments [object embedding, picture scaling]
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-04-29 7:25:11

I upgraded to KPresenter 1.2beta1, and tuned one of my KPresenter 1.1
presentations, in order to correct font sizes.
In fact, this presentation was originally made in PowerPoint, and (as import
filter doesn't work), I re-typed this presentation in KDE, with text exported
from Windows using MS Word (KWord imported text from plain .doc file
correctly! Cool!)
I uploaded final presentation (5 slides) to this location:
http://htmltests.newmail.ru/koffice/Mfg-new-4.kpr

Presentation also uses KSpread this table for embedding:
http://htmltests.newmail.ru/koffice/table-for-presentation-2.ksp

Now about problems.

After saving presentation to the disk, and opening it again, table (embedded
as object on slide 4) appears .. on slide 1.
In fact, that's exactly what you will see after opening presentation above.
Also, when I try to move table object (or resize it on slide) - KPresenter
hangs for some time. It's not 100% reproducable but happens with some
conditions.
So, if you have some embedded object - you just can't save your presentation
without loosing your work :-((

Problem with KOffice 1.1 compatibility.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I refer here to this presentation (previous version)
http://htmltests.newmail.ru/koffice/Mfg-new-2.kpr

Open it, and scroll first slide up/down (I use mouse wheel)
Kpresenter starts to consume close to 100% of CPU.
This was not happening in KP 1.1.1
Looking into picture properties, I found that embeded picture properties has
option "zoom", while I am quite confident that I was not using that option in
KP 1.1.1
And slow response caused by the fact that picture is zoomed.
After changing that to "put as is"  response became quite fast.
This is critical bug - as usually you put background picture for all slides,
and have to "scale" it to a whole slide. It's rare when both background
picture and slide have identical size, so we need a fix for this.

P.S. Should I file bug reports for this problems on bugs.kde.org, or it's ok
to report to the list?
--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)