List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Still with kformula problems :(...
From:       Rodolfo Conde Martinez <rcm () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-04-28 0:43:33

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 17:44, Rodolfo Conde Martinez wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 April 2002 13:03, Ulrich Kuettler wrote:
> > On Sunday 21 April 2002 19:49, Rodolfo Conde Martinez wrote:
> > >

> > > 	Hi all !!!
> > >
> > > 	Im still having problems with kformula, it doesnt see all the esstix
> > > fonts....i dont know why.....i tried with anti-aliasing support
> > > disabled but still the same, i only manged to get symbols, greek
> > > letters, integral, product and sum notation with the
> > > XFree86-75dpi-fonts package installed but these fonts i cant embedded
> > > inside a postscript/pdf document when printing.....any suggestions ??
> > > heres an output from kformula (no XFree86-75dpi-fonts installed):
> > >
> > > kword (formatting): KoZoomHandler::setZoomAndResolution 100 75,75
> > > m_resolutionX=1.041667 m_zoomedResolutionX=1.041667
> > > m_resolutionY=1.041667 m_zoomedResolutionY=1.041667
> > > kformula: Font 'esstixeleven' not found but
> > > 'ESSTIXEleven-12:style=Regular:slant=0:weight=100:pixelsize=12.5046:enc
> > >od in
> > > g=iso10646-1:core=False:antialias=True:index=0:outline=True:scalable=Tr
> > >ue
> > >
> > >:rg
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > thanks a lot for this output. This was the info I needed to fix this bug.
> > Hmm, at least I hope it works now. (The problem was that kformula
> > expected to get a X font description but here something else came back.)
> > Can you please try the latest cvs?
> >
> > To print with kformula you need the esstix fonts. The symbol font doesn't
> > work. But as far as I can see it's a qt problem. I cannot help here.
> >
> > And sorry, I don't know very much about xfs.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Uli
>
> 	Ok cool i also hope it works now, ill try the latest CVS and see if it
> works now....ill write to the list to report success or failure :(:(.....
>
> 	Thanks....
>
> 	Cheers...

	Yes !!!! its succefull !!! i got everything fine from kformula....the only
two things is: 1) the PNG filter doesnt use the default font if i change it
from the times romans that kformula uses as default, and 2) i see that
integral, sum and product doesnt have automatic placing for upper and lower
limits, for now if i want limits for example the integral i use a 3x1 matrix
and some tricks, i got some urls with the postscripts i have generated with
kformula if any of you want to check them out:

	http://ada.fciencias.unam.mx/~rconde/DefIntegral.ps
	http://ada.fciencias.unam.mx/~rconde/Integral.ps

	if you want i can describe how i did it....but i guess you already can do
that....and it would be cool that Kformula would handle that for the user....

	Great job !!!! kformula is great, so i doesnt have to learn LaTeX (yes im
tooooooooo lazy !!! :):):) ) to make my thesis.....uffff !!!! :)......pls
keep kformula and koffice in general getting better !!!!

	Cheers...

- --
rcm.
rcm@gmx.co.uk