List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord Help
From:       Mike McBride <mpmcbride7 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-04-24 4:34:57

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 20:26, Micah D. Shaw wrote:

> Hay,

Hi!

>   I just compiled KOffice 1.1.1 for KDE 3.0 under FreeBSD useing the
> ports system.  It is either unclear to me how to do some simple things,
> or it is just not possible.  I am attempting to place a figure in some
> text. This involves putting a picture in, putting some text underneath
> it, and putting a box around the entire thing.  My first thought on how
> to do this was to add a picture frame, then add a slightly larger text
> frame, and then put a boarder around the frame. My problems are as follows:
>
> - frames cannot be raised or lowered. So an picture created before a
> text frame will be covered.

Available in CVS right now.

Alternatively now that inline frames are available, you can create a new
frame, place an inline picture in the frame and then the "caption" of
the picture after the inline frame.  This way, both the picture and the
caption can be moved in one text frame.

> - frames cannot have boarders, and there appears to be no way of adding
> boxes or lines instead.

Also available in CVS.

> My thought is that this is a mixure of me not knowing how to do what I
> want, and KWord not being able to do what I want.  I looked in the help
> section, and at teh on-line FAQ.  Is there some place else that lists
> things like bugs and planned features?

You can get reported wishlist items at bugs.kde.org.  If you are able to
download the CVS version, and get it to compile on BSD (I have not tried
recently), then I think all of the problems above should be fixed by
now.

Good Luck, and let me know if I can help.

Mike McBride
KWord documenter