List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Question about your KPresenter's review
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-04-21 12:04:36

On Saturday 20 April 2002 01:36, Eric S Raymond wrote:
|  Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>:
|  > Many, many people find Macintosh User Interface is hard to use and not
|  > intuitive.
|
|  Many geeks, you mean.  This one of the things that occasionally makes me
|  unsure whether we count as human ;-).

No, I indeed was keeping humans (not geek) inmind... :-)
Reality is that Mac/Apple lost its battle to Windows/PC on *emerging markets*
from the beginning.
Price gap was so huge that nobody was buying Macs at all.
E£ven publishing industry works here on PCs (mostly)

As about Mac UI: I found 1-button mouse annoying.
Alpha-blending in MacOS X is nice, as other latest technologies (Quartz, AA,
etc.) used by Apple. But KDE has now most of it.
Plus I can use double-button mouse with wheel :-))

|  > So, UI was launched 20 years after rocket with a man on board, so I
|  > guess facts speak for itself :-)
|
|  So.  Pet rocks were not invented until after integrated circuits.  By
|  your specious argument, pet rocks are the more sophisticated technology.
|
|  Come *on*, Vadim.  You have to be able to do better than that.

what are those "Pet rocks"?
"Pet", AFAIK, is an animal. "Rock" is rock. Rock of animals doesn't say
something to me.

--

Vadim Plessky