List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Subscription
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-04-12 20:28:03

On Friday 12 April 2002 04:57, Saleem wrote:
> Hi Waldo,
>
> Kindly include me in your mailing list and post the following:

To subscribe to any KDE mailing list, please look at:

> Thanks
> Saleem Abdulshakur
>

> HELP PLEASE
> ----------------------
> Subject: Project: Closing K Office files prior to shutting down.

I am sorry, but I do not understand what you are trying to do. What are you
trying to do at shut dowm time and by which mean (an additional program?)

> Programming tools used: KDE / Qt
>
> Accomplished: (1) Recognized the windows opened
> (2) Able to close all windows.
>
> Problem faced: (1) Unable to save the files
>
> Help required: (1) Current programming tools used suffice?

Propably, yes!

> (2) How to send message from one window to another?

You are not under MS Windows here. There is not something like sending or
posting a message to another window.

As I suppose that you are trying to influence another program, you should try
to use DCOP.

For a tutorial, you could look at:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/dcop.html

> (3) How to accomplish saving files?

Calling the right DCOP method? (Sorry, I do not know much about DCOP.)

> Thanks for your assistance
> Regards
> Saleem

Have a nice day/evening/night!