Werner Trobin wrote: > On Monday 25 March 2002 13:12, Pam R wrote: >> How can I include a cell reference in a formula so that always refers to >> the same cell even when I copy & paste the formula to other cell(s)? >> >> For example, if I have a single value in B1 and a lot of values in A3 to >> A20 and want to calculate B3 to B20 as B1 times the corresponding value >> in A3-A20: >> >> In Excel I can do this by entering the formula '=$B$1 * A3' into B3 then >> just copying this down into B4-B20 > > Yes, now try the same with KSpread... surprise! ;) > > Ciao, > Werner > > P.S. When you do exactly that you don't get results in the cells, but this > happens due to a dependency bug. Anyone? > To work around you have to edit one of those copied cells. But be careful not to use Insert Row/Column yet. the references are not updated correctly cu ferdinand