For your reading pleasure: KFormula is close to its first useful state. The fact is that we can even print formulae now. It didn't work so far because qt fails to print the (famous) symbol font. Formulae that use it won't be printed properly. You can, however, install the esstix fonts (from ftp://ftp.elsevier.nl/pub/styles/esstix/esstix.zip) which seem to work fine. That is we now depend on those. (KFormula works without them as usual, but you wound be able to print.) So is there a chance that we include them in koffice or make sure that they are available? I haven't checked the license issue but from the included documentation it seems to be okay to use it. Uli