List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problems with kontour drawing and eps output
From:       Florian Simnacher <florian.simnacher () eikon ! tum ! de>
Date:       2002-03-18 22:06:28

Hi Praedor,

On Monday 18 March 2002 16:22, Praedor Tempus wrote:
(...)
> kontour does is output a nice-looking eps graphic BUT it contains a large
> amount of whitespace, even when I set the page-size to be barely large
> enough to hold the graphic.

I experienced the same problem.  My solution was to open the eps file
with a text editor and to adjust the Bounding Box. There is a line that says
(for example):

%%BoundingBox: 0 732 440 842

The four number represent the (x,y) - coordinates of the corners of
the box containing the whole graphics (I don't remember the right order).
Adjusting those four number will cut the white space.  When using gv
it will show you the coordinates of where the mouse pointer currently
points to.

When I hit that problem, i digged into the source and it seemed that
the eps export filter was not yet finished.  But i don't know if that is
still true.

Good luck,

Florian