List:       koffice
Subject:    A Question about KMail
From:       Catherine Olanich Raymond <cathy () thyrsus ! com>
Date:       2002-03-10 23:53:51

I have been thinking about sending all of you comments about KWord, but have
realized that I would like to work with KWord some more, and think about what
I have learned, before I do so.

However, I have used KMail quite a bit in the past few months, and I have a
few questions for the team (or whoever on the team has worked on KMail).  The
questions have to do with KMail's address book.

Back in January, I wanted to print out the contents of my address book so
that I could address some Christmas cards (okay, I was getting a late start)
while someone else used my machine.  In MS Office, this is easy to do--and MS
Office even gives you a choice of formats for what you want the printout to
look like.

I found, to my surprise, that I could not find a way to print out the address
book--in *any* format.  Rob Landley and I succeeded in importing the address
book into spreadsheet format and printing the spreadsheet, but the resulting
printout lacked important information, such as the actual mailing addresses;
only names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers printed.

So I have three questions for the team:

1. Is there in fact a way to print out the contents of the address book that
we did not discover, and if so what is it?

2.  If there isn't a way to print the address book in 1.0, is anyone working
on a way to do so (or has one been added in a later release)?

3.  If there isn't a way to print the address book, and no one is working on
one, why not?

--
Cathy Raymond <cathy@thyrsus.com>

"The meeting of personalities is like the contact of chemical substances;
if there is any reaction, both are transformed."  Carl Jung