List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kspread usability issues
From:       John Dailey <dailey () vt ! edu>
Date:       2002-02-28 23:24:05

> > I just read the interview of David about koffice and realized, that noone
> > is realy working on kspread.
There's at least ONE person working on it......granted, it's someone with very
little free time and doesn't get much done.  :-)

> > IMHO some critical bugs have to be fixed for the next release.
> >
> > This one is a real show stopper.
> > http://bugs.kde.org/db/34/34185.html which renders kspread almost
> > unusable, because it destroys the rules and results in errors.
>
> So that means you will (find someone) to do this? That sounds great! Please
> sent a patch!

Hear!  Hear!  More developers would be fantastic!  I've already looked at this
and honestly, the reason this bug isn't being worked on (besides a lack of
manpower) is that it is going to be a PAIN to fix.  Quite honestly, there are
other important problems that can be fixed in much less time.  However if you
want to work on this (or anything else in KSpread) send me an email and I'll
show you where to get started on it.  This is the one area of kspread's code
that I'm quite familiar with.

The next version of KOffice isn't being released until August, anyway, so even
if you're not a developer, I would expect to have this fixed myself by then.

-John