On Wednesday 13 February 2002 9:42 pm, Michael Marcucio wrote: > >Can you send me a small one that crashes please please? > > It seems like any presentation with a design template will crash (Maybe > because of LZW compressed container??). The filter extracts the text out of > all the other ppt files i used. How interesting. BTW: I did some looking into LZW and could not come to any real conclusion if we wold be legally safe to decode it. Did you learn anything on this topic? > >That's exactly what the current filter does when it works. It extracts the > >text, and puts them on a set of slides. At the moment, it always seems to > >create two extra slides at the beginning (possibly related to the master > >layouts?) but that is a rather benign "bug". > > Definetly related to the master slide, the filter thinks it's a real slide. > i am doing a little work on this filter when i have time. (if there were > only 30 hours in a day instead of 24 ;)) > should i try to get a stable filter working first that extracts only the > text from any file and check that code in then do the hard stuff? Yes, definitely! Thanks, Shaheed