List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Question about your KPresenter's review
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-02-10 3:16:35

Am Samstag, 9. Februar 2002 22:21 schrieb Navindra Umanee:
> [hmmm, getting offtopic fast for koffice-devel.  redirecting.]
>
> Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:
[delete most of it, because its mainly impolite]

One of his notions is right:
The "opening view" of many KDE apps shows far too many feature.
Looking at current Koffice CVS KPresenter and Kontour are showing nearly all
of their toolbars, special function und special areas. A clear GUI design is
_really_ not that easy. Cause I did not find an example of a good GUI for a
complex software at the moment and because its late here I will stop at this
point.

Oh, please don't flame at ESR. Its unproductive. Maybe he should read "The
Cathedral and the Bazaar" to learn about the basics of this kind of software
(<cite> Your program doesn't have to work particularly well. It can be crude,
buggy, incomplete, and poorly documented </cite>)
;-)

Good night

  Thorsten

P.S.
Thanks to all the coders _and_ translators all over the world for such a
discipline in developing, improving, discussing and working. This is the real
base of KDE/KOffice and made all this happen.