List:       koffice
Subject:    Question about compilation
From:       Jan <DEST.Teeei () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-01-30 16:43:28

Hi,
I've downloaded the newest version of koffice and compiled it, but I
can't start the programs.
The console gives me a message that the desktop file of the program
doesn't specify the native MimeType of the program.
I think I have found out why, but I don't know how to fix the problem.
When running 'make install' I get a message that says 'add /opt/kde/bin
to your path'.
I haven't done this as I don't know how to do it, so I presume the
desktop file simply can't be found.
Can this be the problem? If it is, could you please tell me how to add
/opt/kde/bin to my path?
On your whole homepage there is no word about how to do it.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours

            Jan