List:       koffice
Subject:    Documentation for KOffice?
From:       incomex () concentric ! net
Date:       2002-01-18 1:12:45

I am sick of Microsoft, so I am considering porting over to BSD Unix.  I
am definately a geek, but I am not familiar with unix terms/slangs/and
particular OS idiosyncracies.  I've written in Cobol, Fortan, C++,
Assembler and VB, on HP2000, PDP11, DOS, OS2, NT4sp6.

KDE looks perfect, and KOffice seems to provide a complete replacement
for Word and Excel.  However, I see no mention of how to obtain
documentation for the KOffice suite.

Further, I regularly use Flash/Dreamweaver Ultradev, Photoshop and ASP
for web development, and I am currently running Access2000 for my RDBMS,
I use Autocad 2000, Mathcad and Maple VI, and I also write my own code
for Excel for mostly iterative statistical models.

The quesiton being, then, is, has anyone any suggestions on replacement
software for those listed above, and how, if at all, does one write code
into Kspread? - or does it already have a robust scripting language so I
can write my own objects?

Oh, and are there any non-linear editing video production packages
available too?

thanks
david burnham-leigh
thegov@commodities.org