List:       koffice
Subject:    MS xml support
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-27 7:29:03

A quote about MS' XML support.

"Let me give you an example of Microsoft's commitment to XML as an open
standard for data exchange - taken from the December 2001 issue of Linux User
in an interview with OperaSoft's Haakon Lie:

 "MS office claims to support XML but it writes the XML tags inside HTML
comments so that they can not be found (by non-MS software). Even if the
software then knew how to find the XML tags it would not know how to
interpret them as the format used for the tags is proprietary!

"I think this tells you all you need to know about Microsoft's conversion to
XML.

I took this quote from: http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/print/3973/
which is an article by Dennis E. Powell, encouraging linux useers to take
advantage of the public comment period in the U.S. v. Microsoft case.

--
Richard Bos
For those without home the journey is endless