List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice faq.
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-20 12:59:07

Am Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2001 13:25 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 12:25:11PM +0100, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2001 15:45 schrieb Michiel de Weerd:
> > > Is it possible to run Koffice in an other language than KDE, eg i
> > > like to run KDE in english but prefer to work with Koffice in Dutch.
> >
> > Don't know if there is a global setting for KOffice as a whole but you
> > can start about every KDE app in an extra (installed) language. For
> > KWord you can eg put the following entry into
> > $KDEDIR/.kde/share/config/kwordrc:
> >
> > [Locale]
> > Country=nl
> > Language=nl
> >
> > (BTW: It is a long standing wish of the KDE translators and many users
> > to get a standard menu entry for such a language switch into every KDE
> > app. But so far we have not been able to get a developer to actually
> > implement it. We keep trying, though ;- )
>
> WHoa; you learn something new every day!
> That is a _very_ cool feature :)
>
> /me pondering about a config option in KWord..

Hope you are going to find something which can be easily copied to other KDE
apps ... ;-)

There is another switch implemented in the Country & Language module of
KControl which even works on the fly without the need of restarting the app
(and I think something like this will also be implemented in KPersonalizer,
too). But I don't know how this is done.

Regards,

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/