List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kivio_mp: DON'T BUY IT
From:       Huge Rademaker <koffice () rademaker-42 ! myweb ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-10 22:37:13

Op maandag 10 december 2001 22:50, schreef Shawn Gordon:
> On Monday, December 10, 2001, at 01:29 PM, Huge Rademaker wrote:
>
> > ~~snip
> > I will re-send your reply to my message in which I asked for not
> > charging me.
> > It was send on November 13th to accounting@thekompany.com. You replied
> > to it
> > within 10 minutes....
> >
> yes, and I said that a new version was being uploaded the next day,
> which it was, and i referred you to our refund policy on our web site.
Which basicly says that you don't return any money after a purchase. Big
'refund policy' deal.

> > But hey, still I'm upset about buying a product which has less
> > functionality
> > than the free product has. Maybe new features are being uploaded as I
> > write,
> > but I needed it, when I enquired.
> >
> The features I've heard you discuss are EPS export and snap to grid.
> Neither version has EPS export and both versions have snap to grid, the
> mp release has even more capability in this regard as i mentioned before.
Now this is realy sad. I do agree on the fact that I did not enquire on EPS
at first, but STG (snap-to-grid) is NOT included in the Kiviomp version I
have! Where STG is switched on by default in the free product.

> > And Lukas, of course I expected a difference between the two products!
> > But I
> > expected the commercial one to distinguish by extra functionality, not
> > by
> > less!
> >
> can you be a little more specific?  Kivio mp has a large number of
> features not found in the Koffice version such as snap to guideline,
> rotate stencil, generic vector ability, non-linear guidelines, far more
> arrowheads.  They both have the same connector tools, but you can fake
> non straight connectors by using the vector drawing tools, an example of
> which is on our web page screenshots.
>
> You keep saying the Kivio in Koffice has more ability, but I haven't
> seen you point to anything that in fact is missing other than a feature
> neither of them have and we don't claim to have, namely export to EPS.
+ The 'shape tool' toolbar in Kiviomp has no function
+ My KDE environment is Dutch, so is Kivio, but not Kiviomp
+ Kivio has a menu option 'Kivio settings' (or a similar expression: my menu
is Dutch...)
+ In fact there are more menu options available in Kivio then Kiviomp has,
such as 'Opmaak -> Uitlijnen en distributeren'.  Or maybe I can't find the
equivelent in Kiviomp.
I do agree that Kiviomp has a very nice color manipulating bar, which Kivio
lacks.

Let's round up this mud throwing discussion. I am not pleased. You do a great
job on creating a good product.

Best regards, happy Hanukah, merry christmas

Huge Rademaker