At 08:46 AM 12/9/2001, you wrote: >Hi all, > >I am new to this list, so forgive me if I am sending duplicate info... > >I recently started to work on my graduation and therefore needed a good >drawing programme. The free Kivio looks so good that I enquired at The >Kompany about their commercial version: Kivio_mp ($ 89,95). You know, I don't >mind paying for GOOD and USEFUL software. > >So I bought it..... Stupid me. > >After several messages send to their President(...), I learned that Kivio_mp >is BEING rewritten and lacks a lot of functionality which the free product >offers!!! (E.g. snap-to grid: it is NOT included in the software I paid >for!!!!!) Sorry, I made a mistake - we have had snap to gride and snap to guideline since the last release. In that release we also added non-standard guidelines such as diagonal and such (other than vertical and horizontal, which are already there). I know you got this release. >I explained tho their President, that I cannot make use of Kivio_mp and asked >her to disable my download account and not charge the full fee. > >But they did not disable my account. And they DID charge the whole fee! > > >So, dear readers, please stick with (the free) Kivio and DON'T buy Kivio_mp!!! > >(I am now using xfig, which nicely exports to EPS, so I can include the >drawings in LyX.. Xfig is free of charge and ships with SuSE.) > >Sorry about the moaning, but I am very p'ed off. > > >Best regards, > >Huge Rademaker