List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: CVS Trouble
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () microweb ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-06 8:23:14

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 08:58:30AM +0100, Tomislav Lukman wrote:
> Hey!
>
>     How's it going. I have some trouble using CVS. I downloaded the lates
> stable KOffice source in and compiled it. It works, but now I'd like to
> update the same source with the new code. I tried using CVS, folowing the
> instructions I found on the KDE web. When I try updating from anoncvs, the
> CVS seems to download files, but nothing changes (other than the fact that I
> can no longer compile the 'updated' source). I can't get the most recent
> sources. What am I doing wrong?
>
>     Since I'm writing for the first time.

In that case; please send a new email for a new subject and not reply to an
old one. :)

> , a little introduction on my behalf
> wold be in order. Like you already know, I work as a professional graphich
> designer. I took the job since there were no offerings for programming.
> Programming has been my passion for about ten years now. I did a lot of
> coding for Windows in VB, and later in Delphi. It was about a year ago that
> I started learning C++. This was because I wanted to get involved in
> development of applications for Linux. I got me some books that got me
> started in KDE programming, but now I need practise. That was why I
> contacted you in the first place. I'd like to contribute code, debug and
> improove KOffice, specialy Kontour and/or Krayon since I'm familiar with
> tools like them.
>
>     I hope you'll find time to help me out with this problem I have.
> Thanks
>                 Luky

Well; my first guess would be that you did not get QT3 and KDELibs/KDEBase HEAD
at the same time you updated KOffice.
All in KDE cvs, checkout qt-copy for the latest QT version.

If you did that; can you tell us some more about what problems you have?

--
Thomas Zander                                              zander@microweb.nl