List:       koffice
Subject:    access to KWord's keyboard buffer from another application
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () microweb ! nl>
Date:       2001-11-29 11:56:07

Anyone here who can answer him?

Please cc him on m_van_der_valk@hotmail.com when replying!

----- Forwarded message from Martijn van der Valk <m_van_der_valk@hotmail.com> -----
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:49:35 +0100
To: zander@kde.org

Hi,

Apologies if this request is directed to the wrong person, or if it is
completely out of place. Anyway, I want to experiment with building a
Chinese-character entry program for KDE applications such as KWord.

In Windows, such a program works by "intercepting" keyboard input from the
application that is in focus. The program offers a choice between different
Chinese characters based on the input provided by the typist; the typist
picks one, and that character is subsequently entered into the application's
keyboard buffer that is in focus. It is this kind of program that I would
like to build for KDE.

KWord is already able to display Chinese correctly (I use the MingLiu
truetype font), but there's no way to enter such Chinese characters into the
keyboard buffer, other than cutting and pasting from another application
(for instance the webbrowser)

To cut a long story short: is there a way in KDE2 to intercept Keyboard
events from application A, process them in application B, and then somehow
"put them back" into A?

kind regards, martijn.

Martijn van der Valk.

----- End forwarded message -----